There are a lot of things you kinda anticipate as you transition into parenthood. The yelling and crying, crazy eating, and constant changing, not mention what the baby does. One characteristic of becoming a parent caught me by surprise. There is a special bond between mother and child that is something I haven't been a part of in the past. I have family who have kids but you really can't understand that tender love between mom and baby until you're a part of it (being the guy that changes the diaper pail for example). The burping for hours every day when he's got colic. The gentle holding of his head when he's learning to sit. The giggle at his strange noises. The scream of 'dimples!' when he smiles. The patient feeding when mom's so tired she doesn't know that she's awake. I think everyone's built for something great and it's obvious when you see it.

I know what your thinking. Dan's in trouble and he's trying to get on Marci's good side. Although it's a good idea and you'd have sound basis to make the assumption, I'm still in good standing. With the idea that one day my wee one might be reading this I wanted him to know how much is mom loves him like no other one can...and about how he let her know in as loud of a voice he could. And trust me, this kid is loud.
No comments:
Post a Comment