Friday, April 3, 2009

Baby Crib and Dresser


With the addition of the crib and the dresser, we have deemed the baby room to be complete! We inherited the crib by way of a generous donation from Dan's brother and family. It's one of those convertible cribs that has an adjustible height mattress support, and can eventually be used as a toddler bed. Our nephew just recently graduated from the toddler bed to a big kid bed, so we are fortunate enough to be able to use this crib for Baby.

Dan has been playing with his new camera he got for Christmas, and he envisioned a time lapse movie that made it look like the crib was entering the room by itself and assembling itself. Here is a little movie with the pictures that we took as Dan moved the crib into the room and finished assembling it.

... and then we built the dresser...


Even though I'm the only one in the pictures, I just want to point out that, NO, Dan did not make the pregnant lady build and move the dresser by herself...
All done!

1 comment:

DSH said...

Okay, you are very close to the msot unprepared nearly parents that I've known so far,and I've known a few. One lady at my school finished up "some stuff" at school on the Friday because she "just wanted to get it done" on her last day before going on maternity leave - a month before her due date and fully expecting to be able to take that month to prep the baby's room and ended up having her baby that Sunday. Oops.

I LOVE the decals! I almost sent you some, so now I'm glad I didn't. But I hope you're keeping the vinyl cutter because vinyl decals are pretty light and would ship to NZ easily - hint hint! Can I pre-order when we get a little closer?