Tuesday, February 10, 2009

This is Easy!

Well I suppose I should contribute something to this blog my better ¾’s (and growing) has begun. My perspective isn’t quite as close as my wife’s as she carries a 15lb+ every day. A convex reminder that we are closer to having a young ‘un under our roof.

I can’t say that I’m that nervous. Having had almost all my friends and 2 of my brothers go through the experience on several occasions has really helped to ease the fear of entering into fatherhood. All represent great examples of parenting, albeit vastly different. However, one thing they all have in common is their constant and consistent presence with their kids. I’m a firm believer that the more time you spend with your kids, especially early in life will really help both child and parent have a more stable relationship. A child will better realize the importance of a parent’s direction, while a parent will learn to understand the unique personality traits that make them into people. One thing is for certain...parenting is a lot easier before the kid comes.

1 comment:

EdF said...

You're going to be an especially great Dad, I already know it. Of course, Marci is already like a second mom to Lily the way she takes to her, so that goes without saying. I love your insights and totally agree, the time spent with your kid is rewarding on so many levels and I know in Lily's case is making a huge difference.

The only thing I must disagree with you on is that I think you do know how Marci feels carrying the baby around. You know that feeling you get after eating a few of those chili dogs?