Saturday, December 27, 2008

Baby's "T minus 3 1/2 months" Christmas

We didn't expect this! Baby Voltron made out like a bandit with gifts this Christmas, and he's not even here yet!

So far, Dan and I have been very careful to not shop for the baby quite yet. On one hand, it's ongoing denial that he'll be here so soon. On the other hand, I know I will not be able to resist going crazy at the baby stores, when the time comes.

We have many friends and family memebers who have already started families and have young toddlers who are quickly growing out of the baby stages. We are surrounded by young parents who are looking for a great place to put all of the old baby stuff that they aren't using anymore, and they see our living room and garage as the perfect drop site! Since Dan and I don't really know what to be prepared for, we are both quite welcoming to the already-tested-and-proven baby gear and toys that are coming our way!

We are also blessed by other experienced and excited parents and grandparents who gave us brand new clothes, blankets and toys as Christmas gifts, and even addressed the gift tags to Voltron Burnett!

It's the most surreal experience to be carting baby toys, gear and clothing into our house. It makes Dan and I pause and realize that we really don't know what's coming at us as new parents. However, it also make it a more and more Real experience, and it is very exciting and fun to step into this new adventure of our lives!

We are so thankful for everyone's generosity so far. We are luck to have such a great support system from experienced and happy parents. We look forward to joining their ranks really soon!

No comments: